We consistently safeguards the precious resource of water following the below water management actions:
- Use of licensed water boreholes.
- Reverse osmosis and filtration units.
- Automated watering of hotel green areas at night, avoiding the morning sun, which results in about 30% water loss due to evaporation.
- Implementation of drip irrigation systems.
- Implementation of the ‘Wash on Demand’ policy regarding the hotel cleaning service. Guest towels are replaced only if they are left on the floor and sheets are washed if they are specifically labelled, thus helping to inform our guests regarding the need to reduce water consumption.
- Checking and maintenance of water quality wherever used (certified according to ISO: 22000).
- Swimming pool cleaning by hand or using swimming pool cleaning robots to avoid frequent replacement of fresh water.
- Installation of automatic leakage and damage detection system to ensure optimum performance and optimum operation of all plumbing systems.
- Training of personnel in water-saving techniques.